Siddhartha Gautama, popularly known as Gautama Buddha, was born on 4th to 5th century BCE in Ancient Nepal. The place where Buddha was born is known as Lumbini these days, which lies in Eastern Terai of Nepal.
Most of you might have heard about the great Philosopher of humankind, Gautama Buddha. Still, you might be unaware of how a common man could have spent his entire life as king of Shakhys gave his life of comfort to find the true meaning of life and answers to some questions that every people ask in daily life.
You May Like:- Why Britain Never succeeded in Colonizing Nepal?
Some Mind-Blowing Facts about Siddhartha Gautama and his Life
- Buddha is also popularly known as Shakyamuni in some regions.
- Buddha is not a name; instead, it is a title. Gautama Buddha was born with the name Siddhartha Gautama, and later, he was titled with name Buddha.
- Buddha is a Sanskrit word meaning “an awakened person” or “Enlightened being,” “one who has awakened from the sleep of ignorance and suffering of life.”
- Lord Buddha left his palace to understand the mechanism that keeps people trapped into the unbreakable cycle of rebirth and to find the answer to some questions.
- While Buddha was on the ride around his palace, he saw four different things which change his life entirely that is an older man, a corpse, a sick man, and at last, he saw a wandering ascetic. He then finally realized that this is the reality, what he is seeing, and nothing is permanent in the world; also, he will be like them one day.
- He was a common man meditated for several years beneath a tree until he achieved Buddha.
- He was a spiritual leader, Philosopher, meditator, and teacher of life sufferings.
- Buddha was married to Yasodhara at the age of 16 and even had a son Rahula.
Related:- Top 10 Fascinating Facts about Nepal
- He was born in Lumbini of Nepal and died in India at the age of 80, according to Buddhism.
- A temple was built on the place where Buddha was enlightened, known as Mahabodhi Temple.
- His followers propagated the learning of the Buddha and his life achievement, which later developed as a religion.
- Buddhism is the self-realization of enlightenment rather than a religion.
- It is believed that there were Buddhas in the past and will be in the future as Buddha is a person who is capable of freeing him from the cycle of rebirth.
- Buddha is considered as the light of Asia.
You May Like:- least Known Facts About Nepal that People don’t Know
Some Quotes of Buddha
The mind is everything. What you think you become.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.